🔔 Application is closed on 18th August, 2023.
The Council and the Labor Department launched the “SME Waist Fan Sponsorship Scheme” in the summer of 2021 and 2022, SMEs with high risks of heatstroke were subsidized to purchase waist fans at a highly discounted price. The waist fan is small in size and can be hanging around the waist which allows cool air to blow into clothing, dissipate heat and keep the skin and clothing dry, while freeing up workers’ hands for work. The sponsorship scheme continues this year with an upgraded portable fan and a “super cool price” for eligible enterprises/organizations to purchase the fan. The application deadline is August 18th. Limited fan sets are available on a first-come, first-served basis!
What are the advantages of the upgraded portable fan?
✔ Can be hanging around the waist or neck, suitable for individuals from different industries
✔ Carbon steel metal clips to secure the fan
✔ Higher wind speed
What does the upgraded portable fan package include?
2x batteries (4800mAh)
2 x USB charging cables
Which enterprises/institutions are eligible to apply? What discounts are available?
Group A – SMEs, charitable organisations or trust groups, owner corporations (with less than 50 employees) in 12 designated “high risk” industries* that have never been subsidized:
Purchase the upgraded portable fan package for a “super cool price” of $40 (up to 12 sets, and the 13th to 49th sets for $98, the number of applications cannot exceed the total number of employees in the enterprise).
*The 12 designed “high risk” industries include:
2. Security services
4. Outdoor cleaning
5. Postal and courier services
6. Freight forwarding
7. Industries working on airport aprons
8. Industries working at container terminals
10. Electrical and Mechanical services
11. Laundry services (new in 2023)
12. Catering (new in 2023)
Group B – SMEs in the 10 designated industries that have been subsidized in the past two years:
Purchase the upgraded portable fan package for $60 (up to 12 sets, and the 13th to 49th sets for $98, the number of applications cannot exceed the total number of employees in the enterprise).
Group C – Other SMEs work in hot environments or high-temperature processes (self-declare the nature of the industry), non-SMEs in 12 designated “high risk” industries, and non-SMEs in the 10 designated industries that have been subsidized in the past two years:
Purchase the upgraded portable fan package for $98 (up to 49 sets, but the number of applications cannot exceed the total number of employees in the enterprise).
How to apply?
Please fill in the online application form (Chinese version only) below:
Other frequently asked questions:
With correct information and documents submitted, you will receive the confirmation of application and payment notice in about 7 working days. After receiving your payment record slip, we will confirm the payment and issue a redemption notice in about 7 working days. Please note that all notices or information will be sent to the applicant’s email provided during the application.
Please upload the following documents in the online application form above:
- Commercial entity: “Business Registration Certificate” (with at least 2 months of validity)
- Charitable organisations /trust groups: please upload the “Charitable Organizations/Trust Groups Registration Certificate”
- For Owners’ Corporation or the service units in the Estate: please upload the “Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) Record” (Applicable to service units such as Property Management, Cleaning, Gardening, and Security)
Applicants can pay the fee in one of the following ways upon receipt of the successful approval and payment notice issued by the OSHC:
- Via online banking deposit (need to submit the payment confirmation notice screenshot)
- Via “FPS” deposit (need to submit the payment completion screenshot)
- Via ATM deposit (need to submit a copy of the payment confirmation notice)
- By check (need to be mailed to the Occupational Safety and Health Council)
- Pay and pick-up at the contractor of this program, “Kar Kar Redemption Center”:
- Pay and pick up at OSHC offices in Tsing Yi and North Point*:
- Credit card
*OSHC office locations:
- 19/F, China United Centre, 28 Marble Road, North Point, Hong Kong
- 6/F, OSHC OSH Academy, 62 Chung Mei Road, Tsing Yi, New Territories
09:00 – 17:48
- Pick up at the program contractor, “Kar Kar Redemption Center” (address: https://bit.ly/469xke9)
- Pick up in person at the North Point headquarters of OSHC (address: 19/F, Wu Chung House, 213 Queen’s Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong)
- Pick up in person at the OSHC OSH Academy in Tsing Yi (address: 6/F, 62 Chung Mei Road, Tsing Yi, New Territories)
- SF express delivery (Freight collect)